Thursday, January 19, 2006

Fragrant Complications

In hopes of making the zh27.org website an enjoyable experience without have to go online I've created a mixed use cd with the entire zh27.org site plus a sixty minute compilation of varied audio experiences from 1984 forward playble in normal cd players.

Three of my all time favorite musical mutants on one glorious compilation. Das Frohliche Wohnzimmer, from Austria, Yximilloo from Japan and Deleted from France. This vital work shows how so much work is still to be won on the margins of pop and rock. Chosen because all three defy commercial convention, considerations of 'current' trends, sounds and each offer a wonderful displacement of the American standards of things. Compiled in December 1997.

I was struck down by each of these pieces and I needed a tape where I could enjoy them together. So, from October 1998 comes Things I Like!.
yximillo >> turkey makes me sleepy >> 360 sound >> das frohliche wohnzimmer >> craig burk >> dk >> salo >> lawrence salvitore >> kro >> mark hanley >> larb

Gone, But Not Forgotten was assembled in August 1991 in memory of many people who have dropped out of home taping, but whom I'll not forget. Most of these tracks were from tapes sent to me 1985-1987, and I have since lost contact with the artists and labels involved.
dk >> imu(sic) >> interaccion >> urbain autopsy >> unovidual >> craig burk >> alas dies laughing >> fiora carones >> dit >> buddy if you like our music go to the vet >> sismoid >> reg veda >> thehorsehe'ssick >> >> croiners >> mike vargas >> dan stearns >> aaron winsor >> dangling ganglion >> everything but sink >> paul dickerson >> lab 99 >> robert i. gillham

My only compilation done in 1989-90 and is a real treat. Order it and find out why, you won't be disappointed!
minĂ³y >> don campau >> nick >> tom furgas >> the cattle >> haters >> free


Started in 1985 this compilation was the follow up to The x 13. One side was compiled and never released due to 90 minute compilation tape dubbing burnout (see above). Due to recent interest in compilations I've decided to release the 45 minutes I have. History aside, this is an excellent compilation with big hits from my home taping buddies.
craig burk >> new sport band >> zanstones >> unovidual >> god knows who >> ken clinger >> al perry >> mans hate >> r. stevie moore >> twins >> robert i. gillham >> f/i >> het zweet
The x 13 is my very first compilation and comes with an original limited edition booklet. This labor of love features a musical side and an experimental side. In retrospect, it's still a very good tape, but the sheer amount of effort it took to compile, dub and release a 90 minute tape was so brutal that this is the only 90 on my label! After doing this tape I standardized my releases to C-15's, 30's and 60's.
ken clinger >> john wiggins >> rik rue >> richard franecki >> mysterious sickness >> new sport banned >> zanstones >> aaron winsor >> nisus anal furgler >> viscera >> howling musik >> dk >> craig burk >> x-ray pop >> nutliche idoten >> unovidual >> yr ahreen >> gravity craze
>> micky stein >> sombrero galaxy >> paradots >> al perry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home